1. I will eat much smaller portions of food than I have before because my metabolism has slowed down with age.
2. I will have a balanced and varied diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, Calcium and Vitamin D.
3. I will maintain a routine of regular exercise that involves aerobic, cardio and strength training.
4. I will set aside “me time” each week or better still each day to indulge in my favourite hobbies. I will seek healthy ways to rejuvenate and deal with stress.
5. I will drink plenty of water.
6. I will wear a bra that is well fitting and that offers good support.
7. I will eat foods rich in antioxidants.
8. I will endeavour to get adequate sleep each day. (7-9 hours)
9. I will take care of my skin by moisturizing and exfoliating it. I will use skin care products with sunscreen. I will seek professional skin care when I need it. Even after doing my best I will embrace the natural skin changes that come with age as they are a mark of the blessing of a long life.
10. I will go for routine health tests e.g. Wellness Woman check ups, diabetes screening, blood pressure and cholesterol, pap smears and pelvic examinations, breast examination, skin
tests, dental check ups, eye check ups and leave no health sickness symptom unattended to. So help me God.
A lovely weekend to all.
Things I should have known when I turned 40
© Kwambie Nyambane,