Emotional Intelligence is developing strong people skills.
1. Know what to say and how to say it.
2. Being caring and considerate.
3. Being a master at managing one’s emotions.
4. Emotional Intelligence is the ability to recognise your emotions, understand what other people are telling you, and realize how your emotions affect the people around you. It also involves perceptions of others.
Characteristics of Emotional Intelligence
1. Being selfaware of your feelings and emotions.
2. Self-regulation – being able to control your emotions and impulses.
3. Motivation – being able to defer current gratification for the benefit of long term success.
4. Empathy – being able to put oneself in the shoes of others.
5. Social skills – being a team player.
How to Improve one’s Emotional Intelligence
1. Observe how you react to other people.
2. Look at your work environment and learn from it.
3. Do a self evaluation of yourself. How do you handle your emotions and others’ emotions?